Analysis of Engine Surges in Military Jet Aircraft in Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic
O. Zavila and M. Hocko
The article deals with the statistics, causes and consequences of aviation accidents and preconditions for aviation accidents linked causally to jet engine surge events in military jet fighter, fighter-trainer and trainer aircraft in the service of Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic from 1960 until the end of 2016. It presents a complete list of such aviation emergencies on a timeline, as well as technical contexts and facts of interest (for example, hazardous flight stages, hazardous aircraft types prone to engine surges or possibilities and developments in anti-surge systems). The role of human, technical and environmental factors in the occurrence of these air emergency events is also analyzed.
The study is complemented by an overview of information sources on the subject that are currently still accessible.
Keywords: aviation accident, cause, fire, jet aircraft, jet engine surge, precondition for aviation accident, statistics.
- HÜNECKE, K. Jet Engines: Fundamentals of Theory, Design and Operation. Updated ed. Osceola, Wis: Motorbooks International, 1997, p. 256. ISBN 0-7603-0459-9.
- ROLLS-ROYCE. The Jet Engine. 5th ed. Derby: Rolls-Royce, 1996. ISBN 09-021-2123-5.
- RŮŽEK, J. and KMOCH, P. Aircraft Engines Theory – Part I: Compressors, Turbines and Combustion Chambers (in Czech). Brno: Military Academy of Antonín Zápotocký, 1979, p. 373.
- ČERŇAN, J., HOCKO, M., CÚTTOVÁ, M. and SEMRÁD, K. Analysis of Damaged Turbine Blades of the Engine MPM 20. Acta Metallurgica Slovaca, 2016, vol. 22, no. 2, p. 120–127. ISSN 1335-1532. DOI 10.12776/ams.v22i2.720.
- CENCIOTTI, D. The Aviationist [online]. Rome, 2006 [cited 2018-02-10]. Available from: https://theaviationist.com.
- Flight Safety [regulation Všeob-P-10] (in Czech). Prague: Ministry of Defence, 2006.
- Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic. Flight Safety [Order of the Minister of Defense No. 13/2016 of the Journal]. Prague: Ministry of Defence, 2016.
- AURA, Inc. Information System for Logistics of Ministry of Defence and the Army of the Czech Republic (ISL) [software]. [cited 2018-01-01].
- Military Central Archives: Homepage. Military Central Archives: Homepage [online]. Prague, 2010 [cited 2018-02-10]. Available from: http://www.vuapraha.cz.
- SLAVÍK, S. Overview of Aviation Accidents, Serious Preconditions and Preventive Experience (Book 1) (in Czech). Hradec Králové, 1979.
- SLAVÍK, S. Overview of Aviation Accidents, Serious Preconditions and Preventive Experience (Book 2) (in Czech). Hradec Králové, 1979.
- SLAVÍK, S. Overview of Aviation Accidents, Serious Preconditions and Preventive Experience (Book 3) (in Czech). Hradec Králové, 1981.
- SLAVÍK, S. Overview of Aviation Accidents, Preconditions and Preventive Experience 1981–1982 (in Czech). Hradec Králové, 1986.
- SLAVÍK, S. Overview of Aviation Accidents, Preconditions, Deficiencies and Preventive Experience 1983–84 (in Czech). Hradec Králové, 1989.
- Military Central Archives: Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic. Military Central Archives: Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic [online]. Prague, 2010 [cited 2018-02-10]. Available from: http://www.vuapraha.cz/archiv-ACR.
- RATKOVSKÁ, K. and HOCKO, M. Dust Impact on the Geometrical Characteristics of an Axial Compressor. In AIP Conference Proceedings. Volume 1889, Issue 1. New York: American Institute of Physics, 2017. DOI 10.1063/1.5004365.
- BABENKO, O.N. Effect of Titanium Nitride Coating on Fatigue Properties of Operating Compressor Blades (in Russian). Novi Materialy i Tekhnolohiyi v Metalurhiyi ta Mashynobuduvanni, 2013, no. 1, p. 60-63. ISSN 1607-6885.
- SEMAN, M. and HOCKO, M. The Causes of Damages to Gas Turbines of Aviation Turbo-jet Engines. Acta Avionica, 2010, vol. 12, no. 19, p. 1-7. ISSN 1335-9479.
- SKIBIN, V.A., SOLONIN, V.I. and PALKIN, V.A. The Work of Leading Aircraft Engine Building Companies to Create Advanced Aircraft Engines (Analytical Review) (in Russian). Moscow: CIAM, 2004, 424 p.
- SHLIAKHTENKO, S.M. and SOSUNOV, V.A. (ed.) Theory of Two-Circuit Turbojet Engines (in Russian). Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1979, 432 p.
- Employment and Piloting Technique of the MiG-21MF Aircraft (in Czech) Stará Boleslav: Federal Ministry of Defence, 1992 [Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic in Olomouc, document code: Let-3-33/2].
- Methodology of the MiG-21M Aircraft Piloting and Navigation Techniques. Prague: Ministry of National Defence, 1973 [Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic in Olomouc, document code: Let-3-49].
- Employment and Piloting Technique of the MiG-23BN Aircraft with the R29B-300 Engine (in Czech) Prague: Ministry of National Defense, 1979 [Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic in Olomouc, document code: Let-3-55].
- Manual for the Su-22M4 Aircraft Crew (in Czech). Prague: Federal Ministry of National Defense, 1987. T MNO 40-167-1987 [Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic in Olomouc, document code: Let-3-21/2].
- The MiG-29 Aircraft: Manual for the Crew. Prague: Federal Ministry of National Defence, 1990. [Administrative Archives of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic in Olomouc, document code: Let-3-83].
V. Minh Do, X. Son Bui, J. Komenda, R. Vítek and P. Skalický
The article deals with the pressing process of the samples from bismuth powder, which were used in place of the bullet in order to optimize the frangible bullets manufacturing process. Cylindrical samples with a diameter of 9 mm were compacted by cold pressing in a cylindrical rigid die without sintering. Various pressing conditions (the changing of pressing force, pressing velocity and dwell time) were applied for compacting the samples. After compaction, the axial strength of the samples was tested to determine the optimal manufacturing process of the frangible bullet based on the bismuth powders.
Keywords: bismuth, frangible bullet, green strength, green density, powder metallurgy, pressing force, pressing velocity.
- KOMENDA, J. and RYDLO, M. Frangible Ammunition [study] (in Czech). Prague: Forensic Institute, 2011.
- MULLINS, J.F. Frangible Ammunition: the New Wave in Firearms Ammunition. Boulder: Paladin Press, 2001. 192 p. ISBN 1-58160-267-7.
- RYDLO, M. Ballistic Characteristics of Frangible Firearms Ammunition [PhD Thesis] (in Czech). Brno: University of Defence, 2010. 148 p.
- BROWN, J.R. Foseco Ferrous Foundryman’s Handbook. Boston: Butterworth Heinemann, 2000. 384 p. ISBN 978-0-7506-4284-2.
- PROUDIAN, M-C.P. and MERCHANT, H.D. Sintering of Bismuth Powder. Journal of the Less Common Metals, 1979, vol. 65, no. 2, p. 175-180. DOI 10.1016/0022-5088(79)90107-3.
- ASM INTERNATIONAL HANDBOOK COMMITTEE. ASM Handbook: Volume 07-Powder Metal Technologies and Applications. Materials Park: ASM Interna-tional, 1998. 1147 p. ISBN 978-0-87170-387-3.
J. Kiszka and S. Florus
When working in a contaminated area while wearing individual protective equipment, there is a high risk of overheating and dehydration. In accordance with the valid documents of the Army of the Czech Republic, a person using protective equipment has to be provided with an adequate fluid intake. To perform the work, it is necessary to equip the soldier with a hydration device that is resistant to chemical warfare agents and is structured in a way that allows its use when means of personal protection or other equipment is used. The aim of the experimental work was to verify resistance of the construction materials of hydration devices and to compare them. For this purpose, devices designed to provide resistance to chemical warfare agents and those that did not provide it were tested. To determine breakthrough times of selected materials, the MIKROTEST and the MINITEST methods were used.
Keywords: breakthrough time, chemical warfare agents, hydration device, mustard gas, organism dehydration.
- OTŘÍSAL, P. and FLORUS, S. Application of Options of the QCM Detection Method for the Determination of Concentrations of Toxic Compounds Depending on Resistance Assessments of Barrier Materials (in Czech). Hygiena, 2013, vol. 58, no. 3, p. 125-129. ISSN 1802-6281.
- KLEINER, S.M. Water. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 1999, vol. 99, no. 2, p. 200-206. DOI 10.1016/S0002-8223(99)00048-6.
- HUGO, J. and VOKURKA, M. Great Medical Dictionary (in Czech). 5th ed. Prague: Maxdorf, 2005. 1008 p. ISBN 80-7345-058-5.
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Dehydration. [online]. [cited 2018-12-22]. Available from: http://mayocl.in/2rEQmaF.
- FLORUS, S, OTŘÍSAL, P. and HANZLÍK, V. Individual Protective Equipment and Collective Protection and their Use (in Czech). Prague: Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic, 2014. 224 p.
- Water Backpack (80501) (in Czech) [online]. S. P. M. Liberec spol. s r. o. 2012. [cited 2018-02-21]. Available from: http://bit.ly/2JbXEwQ.
- Source Tactical Gear. Tactical 3L Hydration pack [Datasheet]. Tirat Carmel: SourceTM. Available from: http://bit.ly/2GFmDWV.
- Source Tactical Gear. MAX CBRN 3L Hydration pack [Datasheet]. Tirat Carmel: Source TM.
- FLORUS, S and OTŘÍSAL, P. Selected Methods of Study of Chemical Resistance of Insulation Protective Films for Chemical Warfare Agents (in Czech). Chemické listy, 2014, vol. 108, no. 9, p. 838-842. ISSN 0009-2770.
- OBŠEL, V, OTŘÍSAL, P. and FLORUS, S. The MINITEST Methodology for Deter-mining Protective Properties of the Porous Materials Against Vapours of Sulphur Mustard and Selected Toxic Industrial Chemicals with the Possibility of Quick Statistical Evaluation of Obtained Results (in Czech) [Methodology]. Vyškov: CBRN Defence Institute, 2016. 20 p.
- FLORUS, S., OTŘÍSAL, P. and OBŠEL, V. Device for Testing of Resistance of Barrier Materials to Permeation of Vapours of Toxic Agents in Static Conditions (in Czech) [Utility Model]. Prague: Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic, 2017, 30 479, CZ 30479 U1.
- OTRISAL, P., FLORUS, S., BARSAN G. and MOSTEANU, D. Employment of Simulants for Testing Constructive Materials Designed for Body Surface Isolative Protection in Relation to Chemical Warfare Agents. Revista de Chimie, 2018, vol. 69, no. 2, p. 300-304. ISSN 0034-7752.
- OTŘÍSAL, P. and FLORUS, S. Current and Perspectives in Personal and Collective Protection against Effects of Toxic Compounds (in Czech). Chemické listy, 2014, vol. 108, no. 12, p. 1168-1171. ISSN 0009-2770.
O.V. Barabash, P.V. Open’ko, O.V. Kopiika, H.V. Shevchenko and N.B. Dakhno
The analysis of the main factors of decision-making on media planning, methods of automation the advertising targeting and existing models and algorithms discovered, the contradictions between the possibilities of traditional methods and classical models of advertising budget distribution. The requirements to automate decision-making support in managing the advertising process became important when organizing and conducting public Purchases for the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In order to increase the efficiency of defense resources management for rational advertising budget distribution between different types of advertising platforms, an advanced mathematical model for making decisions on the application of targeting informational technology to advertising has been developed.
Keywords: method of leading priorities, target function, utility function, targeting informational technology, weighting factors.
- SMIT, E.G., VAN NOORT, G. and VOORVELD, H.A. Understanding Online Behavioral Advertising: User Knowledge, Privacy Concerns and Online Coping Behavior in Europe, Computers in Human Behavior, 2014, vol. 32, no. 1, p. 15-22. DOI 10.1016/j.chb.2013.11.008.
- SCHUMANN, J.H., VON WANGENHEIM, F. and GROENE, N. Targeted Online Advertising: Using Reciprocity Appeals to Increase Acceptance among Users of Free Web Services. Journal of Marketing, 2014, vol. 78, no. 1, p. 59-75. DOI 10.1509/jm.11.0316.
- MOORE, R.S., MOORE, M.L., SHANAHAN, K. J., HORKY A. and MACK, B. Creepy Marketing: Three Dimensions of Perceived Excessive Online Privacy Violation. Marketing Management, 2015, vol. 25, no. 1, p. 42-53. ISSN 1534-973X.
- HAM, CHANG-DAE, and NELSON, M.R. The Role of Persuasion Knowledge, Assessment of Benefit and Harm, and Third-Person Perception in Coping with Online Behavioral Advertising, Computers in Human Behavior, 2016, vol. 62, no.1, p. 689-702. DOI 10.1016/j.chb.2016.03.076.
- BARABASH, O.V., DAKHNO, N.B., SHEVCHENKO, H.V., MUSIENKO, A.P. and NESHCHERET, O.S. Information Technology of Targeting: Optimization of Decision Making Process in a Competitive Environment. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, 2017, vol. 9, no. 12, p. 1-9. DOI 10.5815/ijisa.2017.12.01.
- BARABASH, O.V. and SHEVCHENKO, G.V. Methodology for Assessing the Effectiveness of Decision-Making on the Application of Information Technology Targeting In Conditions of Competition and Incomplete Awareness. Collection of Scientific Works of the Military Institute of Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University, 2017, vol. 57, p. 192-203. ISSN 2524-0056.
- HASSAN, N. and HALIM, B.A. Mathematical Modelling Approach to the Management of Recreational Tourism Activities at Wetland Putrajaya, Sains Malaysiana, 2012, vol. 41, no. 9, p. 1155-1161. ISSN 0126-6039.
- HASSAN, N., SIEW, L.W. and SHEN, S.Y. Portfolio Decision Analysis with Maximin Criterion in the Malaysian Stock Market. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 2012, vol. 6, no. 109-112, p. 5483-5486. ISSN 1312-885X.
- NASH J.F. Noncooperative games. Annals of Mathematics, 1951, vol. 54, p. 286-298. DOI 10.2307/1969529.
- KOVACOVA, M., KUBALA, P., KLESTIK, T. and VALASKOVA, K. Bankruptcy Models: Verifying Their Validity as a Predictor of Corporate Failure, Polish Journal of Management Studies, 2018, vol. 18, no. 1, p. 167-179. DOI 10.17512/pjms.2018.18.1.13.
- RUPESH, K.P., PREM, V. and PRADEEP, K.A Goal Programming Model for Paper Recycling System, Omega, 2008, vol. 36, no. 3, p. 405-417. DOI 10.1016/j.omega.2006.04.014.
- HASSAN, N., PAZIL, A.H.M., IDRIS, N.S. and RAZMAN, N.F. A Goal Programming Model for Bakery Production. Advances in Environmental Biology, 2013, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 187-190. DOI 10.12988/ams.2013.310574.
- MUKHIN, V., LOUTSKII, H., BARABASH, O., KORNAGA, Y. and STESHYN, V. Models for Analysis and Prognostication of the Indicators of the Distributed Computer Systems Characteristics. International Review on Computers and Software, 2015, vol. 10, no. 12, p. 1216-1224. DOI 10.15866/irecos.v10i12.8023.
- CHENG, S.K., ELKMEL, A. and NILAY S. Optimization Methods for Petroleum Fields Development and Production Systems: a Review. Optimization and Engineering, 2017, vol. 12, no.1, p. 1-35. DOI 10.1007/s11081-017-9365-2.
- SHEVCHENKO, G. Decision Theory for Optimal Design of Advertising Company with Target Audience Maximization. In Zborník príspevkov z medzinárodné vedecko-odborné konferencie «Riadenie bezpečnosti zložitých systémov 2015». Liptovský Mikuláš: Akadémia ozbrojených síl gen. M. R. Štefánika, 2015, p. 323-331. ISBN 978-80-8040-506-9.
- KLIESTIK, T., MISANKOVA, M. and BARTOSOVA, V. Application of Multi Criteria Goal Programming Approach for Management of the Company. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 2015, vol. 9, no. 115, p. 5715-5727. DOI 10.12988/ams.2015.57488.
- UMARUSMAN, N. Min-Max Goal Programming Approach For Solving Multi-Objective De Novo Programming Problems. International Journal of Operations Research, 2013, vol. 10, n. 2, p. 92-99. ISSN 1813-713X.
- DODONOV, A.G., LANDE, D.V., PRISHCHEPA, V.V. and PUTIATIN, V.G. Competitive Intelligence of Computer Networks. (in Russian). Kyiv: Institute for Information Recording National Academy of Science of Ukraine, 2013, 250 p. ISBN 978-966-00-1087-1.
- MASHKOV, V, BARILLA, J. and SIMR, P. Applying Petri Nets to Modeling of Many-Core Processor Self-Testing when Tests are Performed Randomly. Journal of Electronic Testing Theory and Applications, 2013, vol. 29, no.1, p. 25-34. DOI 10.1007/s10836-012-5346-8.
- BLEIER, A. and EISENBEISS, M. The Importance of Trust for Personalized Online Advertising. Journal of Retailing, 2015, vol. 91, no. 3, p. 390-409. DOI 10.1016/j.jretai.2015.04.001.
- RAUVERS, F., REMMELSWAAL, P., FRANSEN, M.L., DAHLEN, M. and VAN NOORT, G. The Impact of Creative Media Advertising on Consumer Responses: Two Field Experiments. International Journal of Advertising, 2018, vol. 37, no. 5, p. 749-768. DOI 10.1080/02650487.2018.1480167.
- PASHYNSKA, N., SNYTYUK, V., PUTRENKO, V. and MUSIENKO, A. A Decision Tree in a Classification of Fire Hazard Factors. ?astern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2016, vol. 5, no. 10, p. 32-37. DOI 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79868.
- BEKESIENE, S. and HOSKOVA-MAYEROVA, S. Decision Tree-Based Classification Model for Identification of Effective Leadership Indicators. Journal of Mathematical and Fundamental Science, 2018, vol. 50, no. 2, p. 121-141. DOI 10.5614/j.math.fund.sci.2018.50.2.2.
- LEE, S., LEE Y., Lee, JOING, I. and PARK, J. Personalized e-Services: Consumer Privacy Concern and Information Sharing. Social Behavior and Personality, 2015, vol. 43 no. 5, p. 729-740. DOI 10.2224/sbp.2015.43.5.729.
- AGUIRRE, E., MAHR, D., GREWAL, D., DE RUYTER K. and WETZELS, M. Unraveling the Personalization Paradox: The Effect of Information Collection and Trust-Building Strategies on Online Advertisement Effectiveness. Journal of Retailing, 2015. vol. 91, no. 1, p. 34-49. DOI 10.1016/j.jretai.2014.09.005.
B.A. Parate, S. Chandel and H. Shekhar
The objective of this research paper is to design the cartridge case and to carry out its analysis by bilinear, kinematic hardening model for water disruptor applications. An attempt has been made in the paper to determine the strain of the cartridge case theoretically and experimentally by conducting tensile testing of test specimen. The maximum strain experienced by the cartridge case is calculated as 0.395×10-3 (εreturn) using bilinear kinematic hardening model. The aim of this paper is to provide theoretical calculations and technological aspects about the study of bilinear kinematic hardening model of power cartridge. After the conducting of the trials, it was ensured that smooth extractions of cartridges were observed.
Keywords: bilinear, breech module, kinematic hardening, improvised explosive devices, modulus of elasticity, obturation, power cartridge, stress, strain, water disruptor.
- PARATE, B.A., CHANDEL S. and SHEKHAR H. An Experimental and Numerical Approach - Characterisation of Power Cartridge for Water-Jet Application. Defence Technology, 2018, vol. 14, no. 6, p. 683-690. DOI 10.1016/j.dt.2018.04.003.
- PARATE, B.A. and KULKARNI, C.M. Estimation of Heat Loss in a Closed Vessel. Defence Science Journal, 2007, vol. 57, no. 2, p. 223-228. DOI 10.14429/dsj.57.1748.
- SYAL, R.K. and NARR P.S. Study of Brass Obturator Design for Combustible Cartridge Case for 105mm Tank Gun Ammunition. Defence Science Journal, 1997, vol. 47, no. 3, p. 373-381. DOI 10.14429/dsj.47.4019.
- DEWANGAN, M.K. and PANIGRAHI, S.K. Residual Stress Analysis of Swage Autofrettaged Gun Barrel via Finite Element Method. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2015, vol. 29, no. 7, p. 2933-2938. DOI 10.1007/s12206-015-0624-x.
- BHETIWAL, A., KASHIKAR S., MARKALE H. and GADE, S.V. Effect of Yield Criterion on Stress Distribution and Maximum Safe Pressure for an Autofrettaged Gun Barrel. Defence Science Journal, 2017, vol. 67, no. 5, p. 504-509. DOI 10.14429/dsj.67.10636.
- ROY, A.K., LANKENNAVAR, P.H. and GHADGE, V.S. The Present and Futuristic Trends in Weapon System. Defence Science Journal, 2017, vol. 67, no. 4, p. 401-406. DOI 10.14429/dsj.67.11441.
- PARATE, B.A., SAHU, A.K., GHODKE,C.B., SALKAR, Y.B. BORKAR, S. B., DHOKE, Y.S., LONKAR, M.L. and DAMSE, R.S. Design, Development, Testing and Performance Evaluation of Propellant Actuated Device to operate Harness System for Aircraft Application. In Proceedings of 10th International HEMCE. 2016, p. 1091-1101.
- ZHU, R. and YANG, J. Autofrettage of Thick Cylinder. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping. 1998, vol. 75, no. 6, p. 443-446. DOI 10.1016/S0308-161(98)00030-1.
- GIBSON, M.C., HAMEED A., PARKER, A.P. and HETHERINGTON, J.G. A Comparison of Methods for Predicting Residual Stresses in Strain-Hardening, Autofrettaged Thick Cylinders, Including the Bauschinger Effect. Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 2006, vol. 128, no. 2, p.217-222. DOI 10.1115/1.2172964.
- O’ROURKE, J. Stand-off disrupter apparatus. United States Patent 8196513.2012. [cited 2018-09-15]. Available from: http://www.freepatents online.com/8196513.pdf.
- CHIU, P., LUKMAN, H., FLORIO, L.A., DONAHUE, B., RUSSELL, K. and TSUI, E.K. Modular Explosive Ordnance Disposal System. United States Patent 8276495, 2012. [cited 2018-09-09]. Available from: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/26/76/02/2b8c203d2d7b9a/US8276495.pdf.
- DONAHUE, B., DO, H.T., CHIU, P. and RUSSELL, K. Disruptor. United States Patent 695871S1, 2013. [cited 2018-09-09]. Available from: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/6e/ba/84/e36c3f711605e3/USD695871.pdf.
- ENACHE, C., TRANĂ, E., ROTARIU, T., ROTARIU, A., ŢIGĂNESCU, V.T. and ZECHERU, T. Numerical Simulation and Experimental Tests on Explosively?Induced Water Jet Phenomena. Propellants, Explosives. Pyrotechnics, 2016, vol. 41, no. 6, p.1020-1028. DOI 10.1002/prep.201500322.
- RADOMSKI, M. Stability Conditions and Interior Ballistics of Recoilless Projected Water Disruptor. Propellants, Explosives. Pyrotechnics, 2014, vol. 39, no. 6, p. 916-921. DOI 10.1002/prep.201400159.
- AMCP 706-252. Research and Development of Material. Gun tubes, U.S. ARMY MATERIEL
- COMMAND, 1964. [cited 2018-09-11]. Available from: https://vdocuments.mx/amcp-706-252-gun-series-gun-tubes.html.
- PARATE B.A., CHANDEL S. and SHEKHAR H. Design analysis of closed vessel for power cartridge testing. Problems of Mechatronics Armament, Aviation, Safety Engineering, 2019, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 25-48. DOI 10.5604/01.3001.0013.0794.
- CARLUCCI, D.E. and JACOBSON, S.S. Ballistics: Theory and Design of Gun Ammunition. New York: CRC Press, 2013. 608 p. ISBN 978-1-4665-6437-4.
- Indian Standard 319:2007, Free Cutting Brass Bars, Rods and Section-Specification.
- Indian Standard 5517:1993, Steel hardening and tempering - Specification.
-  PARATE, B.A., SALKAR, Y.B., CHANDEL, S. and SHEKHAR, H. A Novel Method for Dynamic Pressure and Velocity Measurement Related to a Power Cartridge Using a Velocity Test Rig for Water-Jet Disruptor Applications. Central European Journal of Energetic Material, 2019, vol. 16. no. 3, p. 319-342. ISSN 1733-7178, DOI 10.22211/cejem/110365.
V. Bhargava, S.P. Maddula and R. Samala
An important aerodynamic noise source from lifting surface occurs from trailing edge of an aerofoil as found in wind turbine blades. In this work, semi-empirical method proposed by Brookes, Pope, Marcolini is applied to evaluate trailing edge bluntness vortex shedding noise source. For low Mach number flows (0.1884) and moderate to high chord Reynolds number, 4.73 × 105 – 3.35 × 106, change in sound power level was assessed for trailing edge thicknesses in terms of 0.1%, 0.5% and 1% chord lengths at wind speeds of 8 m/s, 10 m/s. For overall change of trailing edge thickness from 0.1% to 1% chord, an increase in noise levels up to 50 dB was found at low frequencies, while a decrease up to 30 dB was found between mid-band to high frequencies of spectra.
Keywords: aerofoil, boundary layer, sound power level, wind turbine.
- BASTASCH, M., van DAM, J., SONDERGAARD, B. and ROGERS, A. Wind Tur-bine Noise – An Overview. Journal of Canadian Acoustical Association, 2006, vol. 34, no 2, p. 7-16.
- BROOKS, T.F., POPE, D.S. and MARCOLINI, M.A. Airfoil Self Noise and Predic-tion. NASA reference publication 1218, 1989, Available from: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890016302.pdf.
- GROSVELD, F.W. Prediction of Broadband Noise from Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines. Journal of Propulsion and Power, 1985, vol. 1, no 4, p. 292-299. ISSN 0748-4658.
- MORIARTY, P. and MIGLIORE, P. Semi Empirical Aero-Acoustic Noise Predic-tion Code for Wind Turbines [Technical report], 2003. 39 p. Available from:http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.197.1153&rep=rep1&type=pdf.
- ZHU, W.J. Modeling of Noise from Wind Turbines [Master thesis]. Lyngby: De-partment of Wind Energy, Technical University of Denmark, 2004, 105 p.
- DOOLAN, C., MOREAU, D.J., ARCONDOULIS, E. and ALBARRACIN, C. Trailing Edge Noise Production, Prediction and Control. New Zealand Acoustics, 2012, vol. 25, no 3, p. 22-29.
- BLANDEAU, V.P and JOSEPH, P.F. Validity of Amiet’s Model for Propeller Trail-ing Edge Noise. AIAA Journal, 2011, vol. 49, no 5, p. 1057-1066. DOI 10.2514/1.J050765.
- DIJKSTRA, P. Rotor Noise and Aero-Acoustic Optimization of Wind Turbine Aero-foils [Master Thesis]. Delft: Delft University of Technology, 2015, 131 p.
- LELOUDAS, G. Optimization of Wind Turbines with Respect to Noise [Master Thesis]. Lyngby: Technical University of Denmark, 2006, 66 p.
- BLAKE, W.K. Aero-Hydro-Acoustics for Ships Volume II [Technical Report] 1984. Available from: https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a150672.pdf.
- MOREAU, D.J, BROOKS, L.A. and DOOLAN, C. Flat Plate Self-Noise Reduction at Low to Moderate Reynolds Number with Trailing Edge Serrations. In Proceed-ings of Acoustics. Gold Coast: Australia, 2011. Available from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/74fa/0f9f258c0d5c5a1f846abb244c6d7505b213.pdf.
- NuMAD software, Version: NuMADexe_130403_PCWIN64. Available from: https://energy.sandia.gov/energy/renewable-energy/wind-power/rotor-innovation/ numerical-manufacturing-and-design-tool-numad.
- GEYER, T., SARRADJ, E. and FRITZSCHE, C. Porous Aerofoils: Noise Reduction and Boundary Layer Effects. International Journal of Aeroacoustics, 2010, vol. 9, no. 6, p. 787-820. DOI 10.1260/1475-472X.9.6.787.
- KINGAN, K.M. Aero-Acoustic Noise Produced by an Aerofoil [Doctoral thesis]. Christchurch: University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2005. p. 448. Available from: https://ir.canterbury.ac.nz/handle/10092/6596.
- OJHA, C.S.P., BERNDTSSON, P.N. and CHANDRAMOULI, P. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. ISBN 0-19-569963-7.
- O’NEAL, R.D., ROBERT. D., HELLWEG, R.D. jr. and LAMPETER, R.M. A Study of Low Frequency Noise and Infrasound from Wind Turbines, 2009. 61 p. Availa-ble from: http://www.nexteraenergycanada.com/pdf/Epsilon_study.pdf.
- HIRSCHBERG, A. and RIENSTRA, S.W. An Introduction to Aeroacoustics [Technical report]. Eindhoven: University of Technology, 2004. 64 p. Available from: https://www.win.tue.nl/~sjoerdr/papers/les-swr-mh.pdf.
- BROOKS, T.F and HODGSON, T.H. Trailing Edge Noise Prediction from Meas-ured Surface Pressures. Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 78, no. 1, p. 69-117. DOI 10.1016/S0022-460X(81)80158-7.
- HOWE, M.S Theory of Vortex Sound. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. 232 p. ISBN 978-0-511-75549-1.
- GLEGG, S.A.L, DEVENPORT, .W.J. and STAUBS, .J.K. Sound Radiation from Real Airfoils in Turbulence. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2010, vol. 329, no. 17, p. 3470-3483. DOI 10.1016/j.jsv.2010.02.022.
M. Ďulík and M. Ďulík jr.
This paper explains the evolution of technology from obsolete military battlefield networks towards the global military battlefield information network from information and cyber security point of view. The authors focus on the threat of the communication medium which is mainly used in military battlefield information networks – the wireless channel, which is the basis of different mobile wireless systems. This paper deals with complex threats to military cyberspace, in which primarily wireless channels may be easily available by the enemy. Employed subnetworks may have different properties. A unifying extended layered model is presented in the article, which in addition to ISO/OSI model spreads cyber threat to geographic and social spheres. The article also shortly illustrates the development of electronic military warfare towards cyber military warfare.
Keywords: cybersecurity, cyberspace, cyber warfare, electronic warfare, radio networks, security.
- ALBERTS, D.S., GARSTKA, J.J. and STEIN, F.P. Network Centric Warfare: De-veloping and Leveraging Information Superiority. CCRP publication series, USA, 2000. 25 p. ISBN 978-1-57906-019-0.
- KÄRKKÄINEN, A. Cyber Security Architecture for Military Networks Using Cog-nitive Network Approach [PhD Thesis]. Helsinki: National Defence University, 2015. 94 p.
- Cyber Electromagnetic Activities [on-line]. Field Manual 3-38. Headquarters, De-partment of the Army, Washington, USA, 2014. 96 p. [cited 2018-01-12]. Availa-ble from: https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-38.pdf.
- CBEST Intelligence-Led Testing. Understanding Cyber Threat Intelligence Opera-tions [on-line]. Mountain View, California, 2016. 48 p. [cited 2018-01-08]. Availa-ble from: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/financial-stability/financial-sector-continuity/understanding-cyber-threat-intelligence-operations.pdf.
- NATO Recognises Cyberspace as a ‘Domain of Operations’ [on-line]. NATO War-saw Summit held on 8-9 July 2016. [cited 2018-01-11]. Available from: https://ccdcoe.org/incyder-articles/nato-recognises-cyberspace-as-a-domain-of-operations-at-warsaw-summit.
- SOLMS, R. and NIEKERK, J. From Information Security to Cyber Security. Com-puters & Security, 2013, vol. 38, p. 97-102. DOI 10.1016/j.cose.2013.04.004.
- ISO/IEC 27033-3:2015, Reference network scenarios – Risks, design techniques and control issues.
- STALLINGS, W. and BROWN, L. Computer Security. Principles and Prac-tice. New Jersey: Pearson Education, 2015. 848 p. ISBN 978-0-13-377392-7.
- SAARELAINEN, T. Towards Tactical Military Software Defined Radio (SDR). In Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications. 2014. p. 96-106. ISBN 978-1-61208-374-2.
- DAVIES, M. Science and Technology to Understand and Counter Threat Using Electronic Means [on-line]. DST Partnerships Week 2016, 2016. [cited 2018-01-10] Available from: https://www.dst.defence.gov.au/sites/default/files/events/documents/CEWD%20Presentation.pdf.
- PLESSIS, W.P. du. Software-Defined Radio (SDR) as a Mechanism for Exploring Cyber-Electronic Warfare (EW) Collaboration. In Proceedings of the 13th Infor-mation Security for South Africa Conference (ISSA). Johannesburg: IEEE, 2014. DOI 10.1109/ISSA.2014.6950516.
- It’s all SDR-related: Understanding Adaptive Radio, Cognitive Radio, and Intelli-gent Radio [on-line]. Nutaq Innovation [cited 2018-02-05]. Available from: https://www.nutaq.com/its-all-sdr-related-understanding-adaptive-radio-cognitive-radio-and-intelligent-radio.
- RILEY, S. “Cyber Terrain”: A Model for Increased Understanding of Cyber Activ-ity [on-line]. October 2014. [cited 2018-08-02]. Available from: http://cyber-analysis.blogspot.sk/.
- ZUBAIRI, J.A. and MAHBOOB, A. Cyber Security Standards, Practices and In-dustrial Applications. Systems and Methodologies. Pennsylvania: Hershey, 2012. 336 p. DOI 10.4018/978-1-60960-851-4.
- ZAVIDNIAK, M.P. Operational Military Perspective in Cyber Security IEEE Tech-nology Summit [on-line]. May 2008. [cited 2018-01-15]. Available from https://slideplayer.com/slide/6216812.
J. Hodický, D. Procházka, P. Stodola and J. Drozd
The Post-Information Age brings new challenges into the military operational environment. The current approach of the extreme hierarchical command and control cannot be sustained in this complex and dynamic environment. Thus, making the search for new command and control approaches is a critical activity. The description and classification of command and control approaches is expressed in a very abstract way. The article describes a unique, quantification technique of command and control approaches. The quantification is demonstrated by Use Case with self-synchronization as the selected command and control approach. In the Use Case, the deterministic dynamic model is implemented. The results achieved from the model demonstrate a variance of a single parameter, on which the quality of the selected Command and Control approach in the given operational scenario quantifies.
Keywords: deterministic model-based evaluation, military command and control system, self-synchronization.
- ALBERTS, D.S. and HAYES, R.E. Power to the Edge: Command, Control in the Information Age. Washington: CCRP Publication Series, 2003. 303 p. ISBN 1-893723-13-5.
- FJELDSTAD, O., SNOW, C., MILES R. and LETTL, C. The Architecture of Col-laboration. Strategic Management Journal, 2012, vol. 33, no. 6, p. 734-750. DOI 10.1002/smj.1968.
- MALIK, Z., HASHMI, K., NAJMI, E. and REZGUI, A. Wisdom Extraction in Knowledge-Based Information Systems. Journal of Knowledge Management, 2019, vol. 23, no. 1, p. 23-45. DOI 10.1108/JKM-05-2018-0288.
- TOLK, A. Modeling and Simulation Interoperability Concepts for Multidisciplinari-ty, Interdisciplinarity, and Transdisciplinarity – Implications for Computational In-telligence Enabling Autonomous Systems. In Proceedings of Modelling and Simu-lation for Autonomous Systems. Cham: Springer, 2015, p. 60-74. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-22383-4_5.
- ORMROD, D. and TUSNRBULL, B. Developing a Military Cyber Maturity Model for Multi-Domain Battle Mission Resilience and Success. International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism, 2017 vol. 7, no. 4, p. 1-13. DOI 10.4018/IJCWT.2017100101. LOUVIERIS, P., GREGORIADES, A. and GARN, V. Assessing Critical Success Factors for Military Decision Support. Expert Systems with Applications, 2010, vol. 37, no. 12, p. 8229-8241. DOI 10.1016/j.eswa.2010.05.062.
- FARLIK, J. Conceptual Operational Architecture of the Air Force Simulator: Simu-lation of Air Defense. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Military Technology. Brno: University of Defence, 2015, p. 675-679. DOI 10.1109/MILTECHS.2015.7153723.
- BISHT, S., BHARATI, H.S., TANEJA, S.B. and BEDI, P. Command Agent Belief Architecture to Support Commander Decision Making in Military Simulation. De-fence Science Journal, 2018, vol. 68, no. 1, p. 46-53. DOI 10.14429/dsj.68.11375.
- STARÝ, V., KŘIVÁNEK, V., ŠTEFEK, A.. Optical Detection Methods for Laser Guided Unmanned Devices. Journal of Communications and Networks, 2018, vol. 20, no. 5, p. 464-472. ISSN 1229-2370. DOI 10.1109/JCN.2018.000071.
- HAYES, R.E. and ALBERTS, D.S. Understanding Command and Control. Wa-shington: CCRP Publications, 2011. 222 p. ISBN 1-893723-17-8.
- SHENOY, R. Command, Control, Communication and Intelligence Systems A Review. Defence Science Journal, 2014, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 423-431. DOI 10.14429/dsj.37.5929.
- DEKKER, A.H. C2, Networks, and Self-Synchronization. Network Topology in Command and Control: Organization, Operation, and Evolution. Eds Grant, T.J., Janssen, R.H.P. and Monsuur, H. IGI Global, 2014, p. 191-215. DOI 10.4018/978-1-4666-6058-8.ch009.
- LEE, Y., and LEE, T. Network-Based Metric for Measuring Combat Effectiveness. Defence Science Journal, 2014, vol. 64, no. 2, p. 115-122. DOI 10.14429/dsj.64.5534.
- HUBER, R., MOFFAT, J. and ALBERTS, D. Achieving Agile C2 by Adopting Higher Levels of C2 Maturity. [on-line]. In Proceedings of the International Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium, 2012, p. 1-19. [cited 2008-02-12]. Available from http://www.dodccrp.org/events/17th_iccrts_2012/post_conference/papers/021.pdf.
- BAROUTSI, N.A. Practitioner’s Guide for C2 Evaluations: Quantitative Measure-ments of Performance and Effectiveness. In Proceedings of the International IS-CRAM Conference. Rochester: Rochester Institute of Technology, 2018, p. 170-189. ISBN 978-0-692-12760-5.
- HARTLEY, D.S. Comparing Validation Results for Two DIME/PMESII Models: Understanding Coverage Profiles. In Proceedings of the 2010 Winter Simulation Conference. Baltimore: IEEE, 2010, p. 420-440. DOI 10.1109/WSC.2010.5679141.
- Ventana System, Inc. Ventity Software [on-line]. [cited 2019-03-2019]. Available from https://ventity.biz.
C. Krasznay and B.P. Hámornik
Successful national cyber defence requires talented experts who can work together in teams. In military organizations, there has been a long history of methods defining how talents and teams can be developed. Drills and practices can serve as a unique opportunity for setting up successful groups to protect military IT systems even in the most hostile environment, however the cyberspace might be different from the physical space from the human perspective. In this paper, we introduce some ways of how cybersecurity incidents are managed in the military environment; in addition, we describe the main requirements towards humans in milCERTs and how these requirements differentiate from civilian CERTs. Further on, we highlight the institutional background of Hungary’s cybersecurity training, specifically underlining the role of National University of Public Service in it, which is responsible for the education of all public servants, including cadets. The paper also focuses on the major challenges and some suggestions from Academia how to respond to them by building successful teams for the protection of national cyberspace.
Keywords: capacity building, CERT, CSIRT, cyber command, cybersecurity, cyber training, incident management.
- KOVÁCS, L. The National University of Public Service and the Training System of Faculty of Military Science and Officer Training. In: KULCZYCKI, M. (ed.) Better Cooperation for Better Operation of the Future Visegrad EU Battle Group. Wrocław: CHROMA Drukarnia, 2013. p. 21-34. ISBN 978-83-61315-68-1.
- SHEA, J. How Is NATO Meeting the Challenge of Cyberspace? PRISM, 2017, vol. 7, no. 2, p. 18-29. ISSN 2157-0663.
- DESHPANDE, S. Security Operations Centers and Their Role in Cybersecurity. [online] October 2017. [cited 2019-02-16]. Available from: https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2017-10-12-security-operations-centers-and-their-role-in-cybersecurity.
- MUNIZ, J., MCINTYRE, G. and ALFARDAN, N. Security Operations Center: Building, Operating, and Maintaining Your SOC. Indianapolis: Cisco Press, 2015. 448 p. ISBN 978-0-13-405201-4.
- HÁMORNIK B.P. and KRASZNAY, C. Prerequisites of Virtual Teamwork in Secu-rity Operations Centers: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics. Aca-demic and Applied Research in Military and Public Management Science, 2017, vol. 16, no. 3, p. 73-92. ISSN 1788-0017.
- KASKINA B., TAURINS E. and DUFKOVA, A. CSIRT Capabilities – How to As-sess Maturity? Guidelines for National and Governmental Csirts. Heraklion: Eu-ropean Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), 2015, 59 p. ISBN 978-92-9204-164-9.
- STEINKE, J., BOLUNMEZ, B., FLETCHER, L., WANG, V., TOMASSETTI, A.J., REPCHICK, K.M., ZACCARO, S.J., DALAL, R.S. and TETRICK L.E. Improving Cybersecurity Incident Response Team Effectiveness Using Teams-Based Re-search. IEEE Security & Privacy, 2015, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 20-29. DOI 10.1109/MSP.2015.71.
- CONTI, G. and RAYMOND, D. Leadership of Cyber Warriors: Enduring Princi-ples and New Directions. [online] July 2011. [cited 2019-02-16]. Available from: http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/journal/docs-temp/811-contiraymond.pdf.
- NEVES, P.J.B. das. Ability to Respond to Information Security Incidents in Cyber-space: an Approach (in Portuguese). DOTMLPI-I Lisbon: Técnico Lisboa, 2016. 123 p.
- SHEA, J. Stepping Up Its Game in Cyber Defence. Cyber Security: A Peer-Reviewed Journal, 2017, vol. 1, no. 2, p. 165-174. ISSN 2398-5100.
- BELASOVS, A. CERT Operational Gaps and Overlaps. [online] Heraklion: Euro-pean Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), 2011. 73 p. [cited 2019-02-16]. Available from: https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/operational-gaps-overlaps.
- TIKK-RINGAS, E., KERTTUNEN, M. and SPIRITO, C. Cyber Security as a Field of Military Education and Study. Joint Force Quarterly, 2014, vol. 75, no. 4, p. 57 60. ISSN 0030-1299.
- SZABÓ, A. Technical Cyber Security Exercises – International Overview (in Hun-garian). Hadmérnök, 2018, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 286-301. ISSN 1788-1919.
- KULICH, B. Lessons Learned from Military Cyber Defence Exercises. Science & Military Journal, 2014, vol. 9, no. 1, p. 47-53. DOI 10.1109/FIE.2017.8190713.
- ČEGAN, J. and VIZVÁRY, M. Lessons Learned from KYPO – Cyber Exercise & Research Platform Project. In JIRSA, M., KADERKA, J., HAGARA, L. and DOČKAL, J. Security and Protection of Information. Brno: University of Defence, 2015, p. 15-26. ISSN 2336-5587.
- OŠLEJŠEK, R. VYKOPAL, J., BURSKÁ, K. and RUSÁK, V. Evaluation of Cyber Defense Exercises Using Visual Analytics Process. In Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference. San Jose: IEEE, 2018, p. 1-9. ISBN 978-1-5386-1173-9.
System of Systems Architecture for Generic Torpedo Defence System for Surface Ships
G. Jomon, J.V. Jojish and T. Santhanakrishnan
Protecting war ships from torpedo attack is considered as the most challenging task in Anti-Submarine Warfare. Torpedo Defence System (TDS) is an essential fitment on modern high value platforms. Timely detection and identification of a torpedo attack is the primary function of a TDS. Localisation and countermeasures against the weapon are the next stage in torpedo defence. Detection of modern torpedoes with long endurance can only be achieved using an underwater sensor suit with wide frequency coverage. Tactical use of multiple counter measures is essential for evading an attacking torpedo with intelligent homing mechanism. Individual sensors and counter measures are no longer considered as a solution; they are rather considered as components of a large network of systems to protect the platform from torpedo attack. A System of Systems (SOS) architecture with multiple sensors, processing techniques, countermeasures and tactics are presented in this paper for achieving fail-safe torpedo defence capability.
Keywords: systems engineering, system of systems, requirement analysis, torpedo defence system.
- TOM, S.A. Strategic Antisubmarine Warfare and Naval Strategy. Lexington Books, USA, 1987. 390 p. ISBN 978-0-669-14015-6.
- RAMANARASAIAH, N.K. Introduction to Torpedo Technology. Defence Re-search & Development Organisation, India, 1993. 93 p. ISBN 978-8-186-51400-9.
- KYUNG-MIN, S., HAE, S., JUNG, K. and TAG, G. Measurement of Effectiveness for an Anti-torpedo Combat System Using a Discrete Event Systems Specification-based Underwater Warfare Simulator. The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simu-lation, 2011, vol. 8, no. 3, p. 157-171. DOI 10.1177/1548512910390245.
- BLANCHARD, B.S. and FABRYCKY, W.J. Systems Engineering and Analysis. Pearson, USA, 2010. 800 p. ISBN 978-0-13-714843-1.
- INCOSE. Systems Engineering Handbook: A Guide for System Life Cycle Process-es and Activities. Hoboken: Wiley, 2015. 304 p. ISBN 978-1-118-99940-0.
- JAMSHIDI, M. System of Systems Engineering: Innovations for the 21st Century. Hoboken: Wiley, 2009. 616 p. ISBN 978-0-470-19590-1.
- MENG, J., WANG, Y.J., CAI, L. and WEI, R. Research on the Combination of Underwater Acoustic Countermeasure Equipments against Torpedo. In Proceed-ings of ICMES 2015, 2016, vol. 40, p. 1-3. DOI 10.1051.matecconf/20164002018.
- KWON, S.J., SEO, K.M., KIM, B. and KIM, T.G. Effectiveness Analysis of Anti-torpedo Warfare Simulation for Evaluating Mix Strategies of Decoys and Jam-mers. In Proceedings of Information and Communication Technology. Tokyo: Springer, 2012, vol. 4, p. 385-393. DOI 10.1007/978-4-431-54216-2_42.
- Technologies for Sonar Systems. Bulletin of Defence Research and Development Organisation, 2010, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 1-24. ISSN 0971-4413.
- WAITE, A.D. Sonar for Practising Engineers. Hoboken: Wiley, 2002, 256 p. ISBN 978-0-471-49750-9.
- BHARATI, P., RAO, S.K. and KRISHNA, S.R. Generation and Analysis of Tactics for Anti-torpedo Defence System. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Infor-mation & Communication Technologies. IEEE, 2013, p. 382-387. DOI 10.1109/CICT.2013.6558125.
- AKHIL, K.R., GHOSE, D. and RAO, K.S. Optimizing Deployment of Multiple De-coys to Enhance Ship Survivability. In Proceedings of 26th American Control Conference. IEEE, 2008, p. 1812-1817. DOI 10.1109/ACC.2008.4586755.
- NATHANIEL, J. and MARK, T. Initial Study on Expendable Acoustic Counter-measures for Torpedo Defence. DTA Report 341, 2012. ISSN 1175-6594.
- JIROTKA, M. and GOGUEN, J.A. Requirements Engineering: Social and Tech-nical Issues. London: Academic Press, 1994, 296 p. ISBN 978-0-12-385335-6.
- MAIDEN, N. Scenarios for Acquiring and Validating Requirements. Automated Software Engineering, 1998, vol. 5, no. 4, p. 419-446. DOI 10.1023/A:1008605412971.
- AJITHKUMAR, K., JOMON, G. and JAGATHYRAJ, V.P. Requirements Analysis of an Integrated Sonar Suite for Surface Ships: Systems Engineering Perspective. Defence Science Journal, 2014, vol. 64, no. 4, p. 366-370. DOI 10.14429/dsj.64.4486.
- GEORGE, A.D., GRACIA, J., KIM, K. and SINHA, P. Distributed Parallel Pro-cessing Techniques for Adaptive Sonar Beamforming. Journal of Computational Acoustics, 2002, vol. 10, no. 1, p.1-23. DOI 10.1142/S0218396X02000511.
- KALMAN, R.E. and BUSY, R.S. New Results in Linear Filtering and Prediction Theory. Journal of Basic Engineering, 1961, vol. 83, no. 1, p. 95-108. DOI 10.1115/1.3658902.
- CHEN, Y. and GIU, Y. Optimal Combination Strategy for Two Swim-Out Acoustic Decoys to Countermeasure Acoustic Homing Torpedo. In Proceedings of 4th Inter-national Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering (ICISCE). IEEE, 2017, p. 1061-1065. DOI 10.1109/ICISCE.2017.222.
- CHEN, Y. and QIU, Y. Simulation-based Effectiveness Analysis of Acoustic Coun-termeasure for Ship Formation. In Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Systems and Informatics (ICSAI). IEEE, 2017, p. 756-761. DOI 10.1109/ICSAI.2017.8248387.
V. Nezval, S. Procházka and E. Svoboda
Based on experimental verification, technology consisting of copper plating blank bores before the barrels are forged is implemented in the manufacturing process of ballistic test barrels. This technology helps to optimize the process of plastic deformation during the forging process. A barrel hammered using this technology has better roughness parameters in the rifling, which is reflected in shooting tests by improved bullet accuracy. Comparative tests revealed that barrels forged using this technology can successfully compete with button rifled barrels in terms of target shooting accuracy.
Keywords: accuracy, ballistic test barrel, cold forging, hammering, steel 1.7765.
- NATO Army Armaments Group (NAAG) – Land Group 3 on Close Combat – In-fantry Sub-Group 1 on NATO Standard Small Arms Ammunition, AC/225(LG/3-SG/1)D/21. NATO M2 Universal Receiver, 1998.
- C.I.P. – Commission Internationale Permanente Pour l’Epreuve des Armes a Feu portatives. Bureau Permanent de la Commission Internationale Permanente. Brussels: Belgium [on line]. [cited 2018-05-21]. Available from: https://www.cip-bobp.org.
- ANSI/SAAMI Z299.1-1992 [on line]. American National Standard. Voluntary Industry Performance Standard for Pressure and Velocity of Rifle Sporting Am-munition for the Use of Commercial Manufacturers. [cited 2018-04-20]. Available from: https://saami.org/technical-information/ansi-saami-standards.
- NATO Army Armaments Group (NAAG) - Land Capability Group 1 on Dismount-ed Soldier – Sub-Group 1 on Small Arms Ammunition Interchangeability. PFP(NAAG-LCG/1-SG/1)WP(2010)0002 Multi-Calibre Manual of Proof And In-spection (M-C Mopi) for 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, 9 mm and 12.7 mm Ammunition. [Working Paper], 2010. 409 p.
- AUGUSTIN, W. Cold Forging of Rifle Barrels with and without Cartridge Cham-ber on Cold Forging Machines type GFM SHK und SKK 06 resp. 10 [on line]. 1995. 26 p. [cited 2018-04-20]. Available from: https://billstclair.com/weaponsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ColdForgingBook.pdf.
- NEZVAL, V. Improving Test Barrels Utility Parameters. (in Czech) [PhD Thesis]. Brno: University of Defence, 2018, 139 p.
- PROCHÁZKA, S. and NEZVAL, V. Improvement of the Barrel Bore Quality of Hammer Forged Barrels: Technology Application for Ballistic Test Barrels In: Pro-ceedings of the International Conference on Military Technologies (ICMT). Brno: University of Defence, 2015, p. 23-28. ISBN 978-80-7231-976-3.
O.A. Dawood, H. Almulla and S. Khan
This research introduces a new military crypto-cipher authentication model developed for an Integrated Air Defence System (IADS). This study focused on the encryption aspect that is built as a hidden cryptographic of a sleeping encryption unit (SEU) in an IADS. SEU is utilised as a sleeping unit under the control of manufacturer countries during wartime. SEU permits high access to manufacturer countries to remotely deactivate an IADS. This hidden unit identifies and verifies targets before targeting them, thereby preventing their destruction at a critical time. Algorithms and protocols assigned to this unit are often confidential, highly secret and undisclosed.
Keywords: crisis management, integrated air defence system (IADS), military mobility, Patriot PAC-3 usa, S-400 & S-500.
- SUSEK, W., KNIOLA, M. and STEC, B. Buried Objects Detection Using Noise Radar. In Proceedings of the 22nd International Microwave and Radar Confer-ence (MIKON). Poznan: IEEE, 2018, p. 461-463. DOI 10.23919/MIKON.2018.8405256.
- ANDERSSON, K. Modelling the Impact of Surface Emissivity on the Military Utili-ty of Attack Aircraft. Aerospace Science and Technology, 2017, vol. 65, no. 17, p. 133-140. DOI 10.1016/j.ast.2017.02.017.
- BULLOCK, J.A., HADDOW, G.D. and COPPOLA, D.P. Introduction to Homeland Security Principles of All-Hazards Risk Management. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2015, 760 p. ISBN 978-0-12-415802-3.
- ROBARDS, M.D., SILBER, G., ADAMS, J., ARROYO, J., LORENZINI, D. and SCHWEHR, K. Conservation Science and Policy Applications of the Marine Vessel Automatic Identification System (AIS)-A review. Bulletin of Marine Science, 2016, vol. 92, no. 1, p. 75-103. DOI 10.5343/bms.2015.1034.
- PELOSI, M. and HONEYCUTT, A.K. Cruise Missile Integrated Air Defense System Penetration: Modeling the S-400 System. International Journal of Aviation, Areo-nautics, and Aerospace, 2017, vol. 4, no. 3. DOI 10.15394/ijaaa.2017.1104.
- MARCUS, C., ANDERSSON, K.E. and AKERLIND, C. Balancing the Radar and Long Wavelength Infrared Signature Properties in Concept Analysis of Combat Aircraft – A Proof of Concept. Aerospace Science and Technology, 2017, vol. 71, p. 733-741. DOI 10.1016/j.ast.2017.10.022.
- SMESTAD, T., OHRA, H. and KNAPSKOG, A. ESM-Sensors for Tactical Infor-mation in Air Defence Systems. In Proceedings of the Systems Concepts and Inte-gration Panel (SCI) Symposium. Quebec: St. Joseph Corporation Company, 2001, 246 p. ISBN 92-837-1052-5.
- ZOTOV, V. and GAO, X. Wide Area Search Munition Delivered by the Intermedi-ate Carriers. In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Conference on Signal Processing. Beijing: IEEE, 2010, p. 1964-1968. DOI 10.1109/ICOSP.2010.5656053.
- GRIFFITHS, H. Developments in Bistatic and Networked Radar. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Radar (CIE). Chengdu: IEEE, 2011, p. 10-13. DOI 10.1109/CIE-Radar.2011.6159708.
- MALIK, A.A., MAHBOOB, A., KHAN, A. and ZUBAIRI, J. Application of Cyber Security in Emerging C4ISR Systems. Cyber Security Standards, Practices and In-dustrial Applications: Systems and Methodologies, 2012, p. 223-258. DOI 10.4018/978-1-60960-851-4.ch012.
- KAWALEC, A., KLEMBOWSKI, W., WITCZAK, A. and MILOSZ, J. Military Sur-veillance Radars: From Fixed to Nonrotating Antennas. In Proceedings of the 16th International Radar Symposium (IRS). Dresden: IEEE, 2015, p. 967-972. DOI 10.1109/IRS.2015.7226390.
- FAM, A.T., KADLIMATTI, R. and QAZI, F.A. Multistatic Radar System Based on Accurate Signature Identification Via Micro-positioning. In Proceedings of the IEEE Radar Conference. Cincinnati: IEEE, 2014, p. 1414-1417. DOI:10.1109/RADAR.2014.6875821.
- AMIN, S., CLARK, T., OFFUTT, R. and SERENKO, K. Design of a Cyber Security Framework for ADS-B Based Surveillance Systems. In Proceedings of the Systems and Information Engineering Design Symposium (SIEDS). Charlottesville: IEEE, 2014, p. 304-309. DOI 10.1109/SIEDS.2014.6829910.
- ARBATOV, A., DVORKIN, V. and BUBNOVA, N. Missile Defense: Confrontation and Cooperation. Moscow: Carnegie Moscow Center, 2013, 385 p. ISBN 978-5-905046-23-0.
- EL-BADAWY, E.A., EL-MASRY, W.A., MOKHTAR, M.A. and HAFEZ, A.S. A Secured Chaos Encrypted Mode-S Aircraft Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Sys-tem. In Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on Signal Processing and Com-munication Systems. Gold Coast: IEEE, 2010, p. 1-6. DOI 10.1109/ICSPCS.2010.5709756.
- ARIFIN, B., ROSS, E. and BRODSKY, Y. Data Security in a Ship Detection and Identification System. In Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Conference on Recent Ad-vances in Space Technologies (RAST). Istanbul: IEEE, 2011, p. 634-636. DOI 10.1109/RAST.2011.5966915.
- WANG, S. and QIAO, Y. Research on Intelligent Radar Detection Model in Com-plex CGF Air Combat Environment. In Proceedings of the10th IEEE Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC). Hangzhou: IEEE, 2018, vol. 1, p. 373-376. DOI 10.1109/IHMSC.2018.00093.
- LESTRIANDOKO, N.H., JUHANA, T. and MUNIR, R. Security System for Surveil-lance Radar Network Communication Using Chaos Algorithm. In Proceedings of the 8th IEEE Conference on Telecommunication Systems Services and Applications (TSSA). Kuta: IEEE, 2014, p. 1-6. DOI 10.1109/TSSA.2014.7065947.
- KARAKO, T., WILLIAMS, I. and RUMBAUGH, W. Missile Defense 2020: Next Steps for Defending the Homeland, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Rhode Island Avenue: Rowman & Littlefield, 2017. 160 p. ISBN 978-1-4422-7990-2.
- DAWOOD, O.A., RAHMA, A.M.S., and HOSSEN, A.M.J.A. The Euphrates Cipher. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 2015, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 154-160. ISSN 1694-0784.
- DAWOOD, O.A., RAHMA, A.M.S. and HOSSEN, A.M.J.A. The New Block Cipher Design (Tigris Cipher). International Journal of Computer Network and Infor-mation Security, 2015, vol. 12, p. 10-18. DOI 10.5815/ijcnis.2015.12.02.
- DAWOOD, O. A., RAHMA, A.M.S. and HOSSEN, A.M.J.A. New Symmetric Cipher Fast Algorithm of Revertible Operations’ Queen (FAROQ) Cipher. International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security, 2017, vol. 9, no. 4, p. 29-36. DOI 10.5815/ijcnis.2017.04.04.
- SAGHEER, A.M., AL-RAWI, S.S. and DAWOOD, O.A. Proposing of Developed Advance Encryption Standard. In Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on De-velopments in eSystems Engineering. Dubai: IEEE, 2011, p. 197-202. DOI 10.1109/DeSE.2011.74.
- DI LALLO, A., FARINA, A., FULCOLI, R., STILE, A., TIMMONERI, L. and VIGILANTE, D.A. Real Time Test Bed for 2D and 3D Multi-radar Tracking and Data Fusion with Application to Border Control. In Proceedings of the 1th IEEE Conference on Radar (CIE). Shanghai: IEEE, 2006, p. 1-6. DOI 10.1109/ICR.2006.343162.
- HOEKSTRA, W.E. Tactical Data Links and Interoperability, The Glue between Systems [Research Report]. [on line]. Netherlands: Defense Technical Information Center Compilation Part Notice ADPO10859, 2001, 9 p. Available from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/42d1/596f87c4002b9c3a784bd7b1bab75ae9fcc3.pdf?_ga=2.14963382.1892544529.1561572117-1139765700.1558626705.
- FROGGATT, T.R. Radar Interoperability with Modern Multi-Function Radars – A case study, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Radar Systems (IET). Edinburgh: IEEE, 2007, p. 1-5. DOI 10.1049/cp:20070626.
- OUYANG, Y.C., JANG, C.B. and CHEN, H.T. A Secure Authentication Policy for UMTS and WLAN Interworking. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications. Glasgow: IEEE, 2007, p. 1552-1557. DOI 10.1109/ICC.2007.260.
- SCIENCES, E., WALES, S., ADELAIDE, C. and PERTH, C. Interoperability of Multi-Frequency SAR Data for Forest Information Extraction in Support of Na-tional MRV Systems. In Proceedings of the International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. Munich: IEEE, 2012, p. 3166-3169. DOI 10.1109/IGARSS.2012.6350752.
- BAYLIS, J., LIDL, R. and NIEDERREITER, H. Introduction to Finite Fields and Their Applications. The Mathematical Gazette, 2007, vol. 72, no. 462, p. 320 335. DOI 10.2307/3619969.
- DAEMEN, J. and RIJMEN, V. The Design of Rijndael: AES-the Advanced Encryp-tion Standard. Berlin: Springer, 2002, 238 p. ISBN 978-3-540-42580-9.
M. Mačák, P. Vyroubal and J. Maxa
A numerical model of an electric arc based on Magnetohydrodynamics Theory was investigated, adjusted and implemented as a user-defined model into ANSYS FLUENT. The goal of this model was to simultaneously calculate electric and magnetic fields, which is not possible with built-in ANSYS MHD model. This custom model was then applied on a problem which described opening of contacts between which an electric arc was created. The development of the arc was investigated by its temperature field. A comparison of built-in and presented model was carried out.
Keywords: ANSYS FLUENT, CFD, magnetohydrodynamics, plasma.
- WU, Y., RONG, M., LI, X., MURPHY, A.B., WANG, X., YANG, F. and SUN, Z. Numerical Analysis of the Effect of the Chamber Width and Outlet Area on the Motion of an Air Arc Plasma. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 2008, vol. 36, no. 5, p. 2831-2837. DOI 10.1109/TPS.2008.2004040.
- YANG, F., WU, Y., RONG, M., SUN, H., MURPHY, A.B., REN, Z. and NIU, C. Low-voltage Circuit Breaker Arcs-Simulation and Measurements. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2013, vol. 46, no. 27, paper 273001. DOI 10.1088/0022-3727/46/27/273001.
- BEACH, F.C. and McNAB I.R. Present and Future Naval Applications for Pulsed Power. In Proceedings of the IEEE Pulsed Power Conference. Monterey: IEEE, 2005, p. 1-7. DOI 10.1109/PPC.2005.300462.
- AL-HABAHBEH, O.M., AL-SAQQA, M., SAFI, M. and ABO KHATER, T. Review of Magnetohydrodynamic Pump Applications. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 2016, vol. 55, no. 2, p. 1347-1358. DOI 10.1016/j.aej.2016.03.001.
- GHEZZI, L. and BALESTRERO A. Modeling and Simulation of Low Voltage Arcs. [PhD thesis]. Delft: Delft University of Technology, 2010, 348 p.
- LOUREIRO, J. and AMORIM, J. Kinetics and Spectroscopy of Low Temperature Plasmas. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2016, 441 p. ISBN 978-3-319-09253-9.
- KALLIO, E., CHAUFRAY, J., MODOLO, R., SNOWDEN, D. and WINGLEE, R. Modeling of Venus, Mars, and Titan. Space Science Reviews, 2011, vol. 162, no. 1-4, p. 267-307. DOI 10.1007/s11214-011-9814-8.
- BURBY, J.W. Magnetohydrodynamic Motion of a Two-fluid Plasma. Physics of Plasmas, 2017, vol. 24, no. 8, paper 082104. DOI 10.1063/1.4994068.
- STENSON, E.V., HORN-STANJA, J., STONEKING, M.R. and PEDERSEN, T.S. Debye Length and Plasma Skin Depth: Two Length Scales of Interest in the Crea-tion and Diagnosis of Laboratory Pair Plasmas. Journal of Plasma Physics, 2017, vol. 83, no. 1, paper 595830106. DOI 10.1017/S0022377817000022.
- LEDVINA, S.A., MA, Y.J. and KALLIO E. Modeling and Simulating Flowing Plas-mas and Related Phenomena. Space Science Reviews, 2008, vol. 139, no. 1-4, p. 143-189. DOI 10.1007/s11214-008-9384-6.
- VYROUBAL, P., MAXA, J., NEDĚLA V., JIRÁK J. and HLADKÁ, K. Apertures with Laval Nozzle and Circular Orifice in Secondary Electron Detector for Envi-ronmental Scanning Electron Microscope. Advances in Military Technology, 2013, vol. 8, no. 1, p. 59-69. ISSN 1802-2308.
- GOEDBLOED, J.P. and POEDTS, S. Principles of Magnetohydrodynamics: with Applications to Laboratory and Astrophysical Plasmas. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2004, 607 p. ISBN 978-0-521-62347-6.
- BEN SALAH, N., SOULAIMANI, A. and HABASHI, W.G. A Finite Element Meth-od for Magnetohydrodynamics. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2001, vol. 190, no. 43-44, p. 5867-5892. DOI 10.1016/S0045-7825(01)00196-7.
- PRICE, D.J. Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics and Magnetohydrodynamics. Journal of Computational Physics, 2012, vol. 231, no. 3, p. 759-794. DOI 10.1016/j.jcp.2010.12.011.
- BILLOUX, T., CRESSAULT, Y., TEULET, P. and GLEIZES, A. Calculation of the Net Emission Coefficient of an Air Thermal Plasma at Very High Pressure. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2012, vol. 406, paper 012010. DOI 10.1088/1742-6596/406/1/012010.
- MURPHY, A.B. Transport Coefficients of Air, Argon-Air, Nitrogen-Air, and Oxy-gen-Air Plasmas. Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, 1995, vol. 15, no. 2, p. 279-307. DOI 10.1007/BF01459700.