V. R. Aparow, K. Hudha, M. M. Hamdan and S. Abdullah
This manuscript analysed the performance of 17 DOF wheeled armoured vehicle due to recoil force, in lateral direction. The vehicle model consisted of 7 DOF ride and handling, Pacejka Magic tire, 2 DOF Pitman Arm steering and 1 DOF gun turret models. A yaw moment occurred at the Centre of Gravity (CG) of the vehicle caused by the recoil force from gun. This recoil force creates instability conditions and affects the travelling path of the vehicle during firing. The vehicle model is evaluated using the firing angle of 45° and 90°, calibre size of 57 and 75 mm at speeds, 40 and 60 km/h. The vehicle model is evaluated in terms of yaw rate and angle, vehicle sideslip angle, lateral acceleration and displacement.
Keywords: Armoured vehicle, firing recoil force, firing angle, lateral motion, yaw motion.
- VONG, TT., HAAS, GA. and HENRY, CL. NATO reference mobility model (NRMM) modeling of the Demo III experimental unmanned ground vehicle (XUV) (No. ARL-MR-435). Army research lab aberdeen proving ground md.
- SCHMITT, V., RENOU, C. and GUIGUEN, N. French Study Program to Improve Active and Passive Safety on Military Vehicles. In Proceedings: International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, 1999, Vol. 2005, National Highway Traffic Safety.
- BALOS, S., GRABULOV, V. and SIDJANIN, L. Future armoured troop carrying vehicles. Defence Science Journal, 2010, vol. 60, no. 5, p. 483-490.
- SOSNOWICZ, R., WACHOWIAK, P. and DORCZUK, M. Conception of military vehicle classification. Journal of KONES, 2011, vol. 18, p. 585-594.
- HUDHA, K., JAMALUDDIN, H. and SAMIN, P.M. Disturbance rejection control of a light armoured vehicle using stability augmentation based active suspension system. International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems 2008, vol. 15, no. 2, p. 152-169.
- TRIKANDE, MW., JAGIRDAR, VV. and SUJITHKUMAR, M. Modelling and Comparison of Semi-Active Control Logics for Suspension System of 8x8 Armoured Multi-Role Military Vehicle. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2014, vol. 592, p. 2165-2178.
- YEAN, T. C., HONG, M. S. and YEW, V. Fighting Vehicle Technology. DSTA Horizons, 2013, p. 62-77.
- TVAROZEK, J. and GULLEROVA, M. Increasing Firing Accuracy of 2A46 Tank Cannon Built-in T-72 MBT. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 2012, vol. 2, no. 9, p. 140-156.
- HUDHA, K., KADIR, Z. A. and JAMALUDDIN, H. Simulation and experimental evaluations on the performance of pneumatically actuated active roll control suspension system for improving vehicle lateral dynamics performance. International Journal of Vehicle Design, 2014, vol. 64, no. 1, p. 72-100.
- APAROW, V. R., AHMAD, F., HUDHA, K. and JAMALUDDIN, H. Modelling and PID control of antilock braking system with wheel slip reduction to improve braking performance. International Journal of Vehicle Safety, 2013, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 265-296.
- WONG, J. Y. Theory of ground vehicles. John Wiley and Sons, 2001, p. 58-65.
- LIU, SC. Force feedback in a stationary driving simulator. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, International Conference on IEEE, Vancouver, BC, 22-25 October, 1995; p. 1711-1716.
- KARNOPP, D., ARGOLIS, R. and ROSENBERG, R. System dynamis: modeling and simulations of mechatronic systems, New York, 2000, NY: John Wiley Sons.
- SHWETHA, GN., RAMESH, HR. and SHANKAPAL, SR. Modeling, simulation and implementation of a proportional-derivative controlled column-type EPS. International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science Technology and Engineering, 2013, vol. 2, no. 9, p. 10-19.
- BORKOWSKI, W., FIGURSKI, J. and WALENTYNOWICZ, J. The impact of the cannon on the combat vehicle chassis during firing. Journal of KONES, 2007, vol. 14, p. 49-61.
- BALLA, J. Dynamics of mounted automatic cannon on track vehicle. International Journal of Mathematical models and methods in applied sciences, 2011, vol. 5, no. 3, p. 423-432.
- KOLL, C. SOVIET CANNON - A Comprehensive Study of Soviet Guns and Ammunition in Calibres 12.7 mm to 57 mm, 2009, ISBN 978-3-200-01445-9.
- Germany's 75 mm Gun, [cited 2015-08-15]. Available from: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ germany/guns/75-mm.asp
- HUDHA, K., APAROW, VR., MURAD, M., ISHAK, SAF., KADIR, ZA., AMER, NH. And RAHMAN, MLHA. Yaw Stability Control System, Malaysian Patent, 14 October 2014, PI 2015700778.
N. Lytvynenko, O. Lytvynenko
A commander solves a lot of problems which contain uncertainties during the planning and organization of the army unit march due to the impact of combat situation factors and meteorological conditions. The best model for the problem solving of finding routes for movement of military units between two points is the marked graph. The article is devoted to the question of finding the rational (in the sense of the most comfortable) route through fuzzy graph models.
Keywords: Rational route, Army, movements, march, membership function, graph.
- Boyovyy statut Sukhoputnykh viys'k. Chastyna 2. Batal'yon, rota (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: Komanduvannya Sukhoputnykh viys'k ZS Ukrayiny, 2005, p. 172-184.
- Osnovy modelyuvannya boyovykh diy viys'k: Pidruchnyk / Kolektyv avtoriv (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: Vyd. NAOU, 2005, p. 481-496.
- SANG, M. LEE, MOORE, L.J., TAYLOR, B.W. Management Science. Allyn and Bacon, Inc. Boston, 1985, p. 910.
- TOLUBKO, V.B., SBITNYEV, A.I., PERMYAKOV, O.Y. Metodolohichni osnovy proektuvannya prykladnoho prohramnoho zabezpechennya dlya ASU voyennoho pryznachennya: monohrafiya (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: NAOU, 2004, 249 p.
- RYBANSKÝ, M. Effect of the Geographic Factors on the Cross Country Movement during Military Operations and the Natural Disasters. In: International Conference on Military Technologies, University of Defence, Brno (Czech Republic), 2007, p. 590 – 596, ISBN 978-80-7231-238-2.
- RYBANSKÝ, M., VALA, M. Relief Impact on Transport. In.: ICMT’09 - International Conference On Military Technologies, Brno (Czech Republic), 2009, 9 p., ISBN 978-80-7231-649-6 (978-80-7231-648-9 CD).
- LAHIN, A.F., BYIZOV, B.E., PRISCHEPA, I.M. Voennaya topografiya (in Russian). ?oscow: Voenizdat, 1973, p. 7-33.
- Klasyfikator (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: HUHKK, 2002, p. 11.
- POVSHEDNYY, V.A. Voyenna heohrafiya: navch. posib (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: NAOU, ????, 2000, p. 15-37.
- POVSHEDNYY V.A. Shchodo vyvchennya mistsevosti pry orhanizatsiyi zahal'noviys'kovoho boyu u vodnoyi pereshkody: navch. posib (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: NAOU, Kyiv, 2000. 20 p.
- RYBANSKÝ, M., VALA, M. Geographic Conditions of Military Transport Using Roads and Terrain. In: ICMT’09 - International conference on military technologies 2009, Brno (Czech Republic), 2009, 9 p, ISBN 978-80-7231-649-6 (978-80-7231-648-9 CD).
- KAZANTSEV, O.Y., SHVAB, V.K. Ozbroyennya pidrozdiliv Sukhoputnykh viys'k Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny (u skhemakh i tablytsyakh) (in Ukrainian). Kyiv: Vydavnycho-polihrafichnyy tsentr „Kyyivs'kyy universytet”, 2004, 71 p.
- KOFMAN, A.V. Vvedenie v teoriyu nechetkih mnozhestv (in Russian). Moscow: Sov. Dadio, 1982, 432 p.
D.V.A.N. Ravi Kumar, S. Koteswara Rao and K. Padma Raju
Estimate Fusion Technique (EFT) for Bearings–Only passive target tracking involves a process of estimating the state of a moving target by fusing the estimates given by different Nonlinear estimators which are driven by different Bearing measurements supplied by towed array. The estimates are fused with the help of a Weighted Least squares Estimator. This novel method has an advantage over the traditional nonlinear Estimators such as the Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) and Unscented Kalman Filter (UKF) in terms of estimation errors which is proved in this paper by performing simulation in Matlab R2009a for a wartime scenario.
Keywords: Estimate Fusion Technique, Bearings–Only Passive Target Tracking, Towed Array, Extended Kalman Filter, Unscented Kalman Filter.
- RISTICK, B., ARULAMPALEM, S. and GORDON, N. Beyond the Kalman Filter–Particle Filters for Tracking Applications, Artech House, DSTO, 2004. p. 129.
- SIMON, D. Optimal State Estimation: Kalman, H ? , and Nonlinear Approaches, Wiley-Interscience, 2006, p. 83,128,129. JULIER, S. and UHLMANN, J. Unscented Filtering and Nonlinear Estimation, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2004, vol. 92, no. 3, p. 401-422.
- ZHANG, H., DAI, G., SUN, J. and ZHAO , Y. Unscented Kalman filter and its nonlinear application for tracking a moving target, Optik, 2013, vol. 124, p. 4468-4471.
- SONG, T.L. and SPEYER, J.L. A Stochastic Analysis of a Modified Gain Extended Kalman Filter with Applications to estimation with Bearings-only measurements, IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., 1985, vol. 30, no. 10, p. 940-949.
- AIDALA, V.J. and HAMMEL, S.E. Utilization of modified polar coordinates for bearings only tracking, IEEE Trans. Automatic Control , 1983, vol.28, no. 3, p. 283-294.
- KOTESWARA RAO, S., RAJA RAJESWARI, K. and LINGAMURTY, K.S. Unscented Kalman Filter with Application to Bearings-Only Target Tracking, IETE journal of research , 2009, vol. 55, no. 2, p. 63-67.
- LERRO, D. and BAR-SHALOM, Y. Tracking With Debiased Consistent Converted Measurements Versus EKF, IEEE transactions on aerospace and electronic systems , 1993, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 1015-1022.
- RAO, S.K., KUMAR, D.V.A.N.R. and RAJU, K.P. Combination of Pseudo Linear Estimator and modified gain bearings-only extended Kalman filter for passive target tracking in abnormal conditions, Ocean Electronics (SYMPOL), 2013, p. 3-8.
- ZHOU, G., PELLETIER, M., KIRUBARAJAN T. and QUAN, T. Statically Fused Converted Position and Doppler Measurement Kalman Filters, Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 2014, Vol. 50, no. 1, p. 300-318.
J. Kozuba and J. Pila
The article discusses the influence of pilot’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as the influence of technical and environmental factors on pilot’s ability to build a proper Situational Awareness (SA) state during an aviation operational activity. Moreover, the decision-making process and SA process were defined, and their dependence from the perspective of some aspects of abilities presented by pilot as well. Authors’ conclusions are based mainly on their own research supported by results of research available in the specialist literature.
Keywords: Decision-making process, SA, human factor, aviation safety.
- Harrison, F. E. The managerial decision making process. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1998. p. 7.
- Endsley, M. R. A taxonomy of situational awareness errors. In Fuller, R. Johnston, N. and Mc Donalds, N. (Eds.), Human factors in aviation operations. London: Ashgate, 1995. p. 287-292.
- Smith, K. and Hancock, P.A. Situational awareness is adaptive, externally directed consciousness. In Gilson, R.D. and Koonce, J.M. (Eds.), Situational awareness in complex system. Daytona Beach: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Press, 1994, p. 59-68.
- Klein, G. A. Studying situation awareness in the context of decision-making incidents. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Experimental Analysis and Measurement of Situation Awareness. Daytona Beach: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Press, 1995. p. 177-182.
- Smith, K. and Hancock, P.A. Situation awareness is adaptive, externally-directed consciousness. Human Factors, 1995, vol. 37, no 1, p. 137-148.
- Gałecki, P. Indeterminacy of information and risk of decision-making (in Polish). In Sirko, S. (Ed.), The functioning of the air force commander - conditions and requirements (in Polish). Warszawa: AON, 2004. p. 134-135.
- CAP 737, Crew Resource Management (CRM) Training. London: CAA, 2006. 231 p.
- Kozuba, J. Selected aspects of forming pilot Situational Awareness. Dęblin: PAFA, 2013. p. 49.
- Zieliński, J. Memory military aviators 1945-2003 (in Polish). Warszawa: Bellona, 2003. p. 22-423.
- Burian, B. K., Barski, I. and Dismukes K. The challenge of Aviation Emergency and Abnormal Situations. California: NASA, 2005. 13 p.
Testing Aptitudes as Part of the Selection Process of Air Traffic Controllers by the Czech Armed Forces
D. Langr, V. Kalvoda and V. Pokorný
The article concerns with a process of the air traffic controllers (ATCo) selection in the Czech Armed Forces. It describes current state of this process and balances it briefly against the civil sector and some NATO armies. The text comes out from the assumption that the air traffic control profession is the profession specific by its work content and workload and so it has special requirements on its candidates. The authors occupy themselves with the thought of how effective is the process of the air traffic controllers selection without testing the candidates’ aptitude to use simulation technologies.
Keywords: Process of selection of ATCo, testing of aptitudes, professional simulation tasks, simulation technology.
- SALIGER, R., et al. Cognitive management: academic text (in Czech). Brno: University of Defence, Faculty of economics and management, Department of human resources control, 2010. 18 p. ISBN 978-80-7231-768-4.
- DEAN, M. A. (2004) An assessment of biodata predictive ability across multiple performance criteria. San Diego, California, USA: San Diego State University, 2004. Applied H.R.M. Research, Sv. 9. p. 1 - 12.
- FOX, K. D. Prediction of Air Traffic Controller Trainee Selection and Training Success Using Cognitive Ability and Biodata [PhD thesis]. Minneapolis: Walden University, 2014. 126 p.
- NAKONEČNÝ, M. Psychology of personality (in Czech). 2nd edition. Prague: Academia, 2009, 620 p. ISBN 978-80-200-1680-5.
- LANGR, D. Means and methods for supporting the selection and preparation of military specialists of Air Navigation Services (in Czech) [PhD thesis]. Brno: University of defence, 2015. 139 p.
- DOLEŽAL, J. et al. Numeric rectangle: Manual (in Slovak). 1st edition. Bratislava: Psychodiagnosis, 1971. 73 p.
- MIGLIERINI, B. D-48 Domino: Manual (in Slovak). 2nd edition Bratislava: Psychodiagnostical and didactic tests, 1989. 60 p.
- BRICKENKAMP, R. & ZILLMER, ?. Attention test d2: Manual (in Czech). 1st edition. Prague: Testcentrum, 2000. 81 p.
- SCHULER, H. & PROCHASKA, M. Achievement motivation questionnaire – LMI: Manual (in Czech). 1st edition. Prague: Testcentrum, 2003. 55 p.
- REITEROVÁ, Eva. Basics of statistics for psychology students (in Czech). 2nd edition. Olomouc: Palacky University, 2003, 91 p. ISBN 80-244-0654-3.
- KALVODA, V. Proposal of methodology for ATCo-students training at University of Defence with the use of simulative technologies and psychophysiological diagnosis methods (in Czech) [Diploma thesis]. Brno: University of Defence, 2015. 123 p.
Fire Protection Systems in the Ilyushin Il-28: The Only Jet Bomber in the Czechoslovak and Czech History
The article is focused on fire protection systems in the now historic Ilyushin Il-28, the only aircraft in the history of Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic designed solely as a bomber and equipped with jet engines. The article presents statistics of air accidents of this type of aircraft and their causes, emergency procedures for on-board fires and a description of the fire-fighting and inert gas systems. Due to difficulties in accessing the now scarce resources related to historical information of technical nature on the subject, the contents of the following paragraphs can be considered unique.
Keywords: Czechoslovak People's Army, carbon dioxide, fire, jet bomber, inert gas system.
- ADAMEC, J. and KOCÁB, J. Aircraft Engines (in Czech). 2nd ed. Praha: Nakladatelství Corona spol. s.r.o., 2008, 176 p. ISBN 978-80-86116-54-9.
- Il-28: Album of basic views, schemes and drawings: design, electrical installation, equipment (in Russian). 1st ed. LKVVIA, 1951 [Archives of the Military History Institute in Prague – Air Museum Kbely; Ministry of National Defense central registry code: S/Mat let-1-633].
- IRRA, M. Ilyushin Il-28: The Ilyushin Il-28 in the Czechoslovak Air Force (in Czech). 1st ed. Nevojice: Jakab, 2013, 128 p. ISBN 978-80-87350-12-6.
- IRRA, M. MiG-15: Vol. 1 (in Czech). 1st ed. Nevojice: Jakab, 2006, 104 p. ISBN 80-903637-4-1.
- IRRA, M. MiG-15: Vol. 2 (in Czech). 1st ed. Nevojice: Jakab, 2007, 104 p. ISBN 80-903-6377-6.
- IRRA, M. MiG-15: Vol. 3. (in Czech). 1st ed. Nevojice: Jakab, 2007, 96 p. ISBN 978-80-87161-01-2.
- Visual Aids to the Pilot Operation and Piloting Guide of Il-28 and Il-28U (in stRussian). 1 ed. Moscow: USSR Department of Defense Military Publishing, 1972, 292 p.
- Regulation of the Air Force Commander. 6 th April 1955 (in Czech – transcript of the original aircraft flight manual for the Il-28 and its variants in Russian). 1st ed. Praha: Ministry of National Defense, 1955, 92 p. [personal archive of Mr. Jaroslav Janda].
- Pilot Instructions for Special Cases in Flight for Il-28, Il-28R, Il-28U (in Czech – transcript of the original documentation in Russian) 1st ed. Přerov: 25 th Bomber Regiment, 1958, 39 p. [personal archive of Mr. Jaroslav Janda].
- ŘEZŇÁK, Libor. The Steel Stallion MiG-19 and the Czechoslovak Air Force 1958–1972 (in Czech). 1st ed. Cheb: Svět křídel, 2008, 582 p. ISBN 978-80-86808-45-1.
- ŘEZŇÁK, L. The Silver Jet MiG-15: Jet Beginnings of the Czechoslovak Air Force 1950–1957 (in Czech). 1st ed. Cheb: Svět křídel, 2012, 567 p. ISBN 978-80-87567-14-2.
- VELEK, M., PAJER M. and KRUMBACH J. Illustrated History of Aviation: Ilyushin Il-28, Vickers Wellington, Marcel Bloch MB-200 (in Czech). 1st ed. Praha: Naše vojsko, 1987, 176 p.
T. Schóber and P. Puliš
Joint Strike Fighter evolved into the world's largest and most expensive weapons program. The information flow from the media is keeping us informed about the achievements and mishaps of the program almost on week basis. The aim of this paper is, according to numerous articles and official reports, to evaluate and analyse current status of the program from the developmental and financial point of view, and to outline future trends, possible limitations and hidden risks for the projected customers. This article also compares the cost growth, factors contributing to cost growth, and operational and strategic risk of past joint and single-service programs.
Keywords: F-35, Aircraft, Development, Design, Procurement, Capability.
- COHEN, Z. „The F-35: Is the world's most expensive weapons program worth it?“, CNN Politics, 16.7.2015. Available at: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/16/politics/f-35-jsf-operational-costs/.
- DARPA / Navy Common Affordable Lightweight Fighter (CALF) 1993-1994. Available at: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/calf.htm.
- Joint Advanced Strike Technology (JAST). Available at: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/jast.htm.
- LORELL, M. A., KENNEDY, M., LEONARD, R. S., MUNSON, K., ABRAMZON, S., AN, D. L., GUFREY, R. A., Do Joint Fighter Programs Save Money? RAND Project Air Force, Santa Monica, CA, 2013. Available at: http://www.rand.org/pubs/monographs/MG1225.html.
- GERTLER, J., F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Program, CRS Report RL30563, Washington, DC: Congressional Research Service April 29, 2014.
- CRS Report RL31673, Air Force F-22 Fighter Program.
- CRS Report RL30624, Navy F/A-18E/F and EA-18G Aircraft Program.
- BOLCOM, CH. and O'ROURKE, R., CRS Report RS21488, Navy Marine Corps Tactical Air Integration Plan: Background and Issues for Congress.
- IHS Jane’s Defence Insight Report “Air Platforms” June 2013.
- SCOTT, J., F-35s to Sell for as Low as $80 Million in 2019, Pentagon Say. Bloomberg.com, March 11, 2014.
- SHALAL, A., U.S. focuses on cheaper, more reliable F-35 jet: Air Force official, Reuters.com, April 1, 2014.
- Office of the Secretary of Defence, Selected Acquisition Report (SAR): F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft (F-35), December 31, 2013.
- STAROSTA, G., Block Upgrades For Earliest F-35s To Cost $6M Per Aircraft. InsideDefense.com, March 26, 2014.
- GAO, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: Current Outlook Is Improved, but Long-Term Affordability Is a Major Concern. GAO-13-309. Washington, D.C.: March 11, 2013.
- Australia, Belgium Enter Joint Strike Fighter Program as EMD Partners, Inside the Air Force, April 21, 2000.
- BUTLER, A., Deal for Italian JSF Assembly Facility Finally Set. Aerospace Daily, July 20, 2010.
- SIEGEL, M. and SHALAL, A., Australia orders 58 F-35 Lockheed Martin stealth fighters. Reuters.com, April 22, 2014.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, FY 14 DoD Programs, p. 39-72. Available at: http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2014/pdf/dod/2014f35jsf.pdf.
- BRIGANTI, de G., F-35 Program Massages Flight Test Results, Defense-Aerospace.com, published Jan 19, 2015. Available at: http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/160298/f_35-program-massages-flight-test-results.html.
- Not Ready for Prime Time. DOT&E Report: The F-35 Is Not Ready for IOC and Won't Be Any Time Soon, 12.3.2015. Available at: http://www.pogo.org/our-work/straus-military-reform-project/weapons/2015/not-ready-for-prime-time.html#cooking_the_numbers.
- ARCHIBALD, D., The Disappointment That Is the F-35. American Thinker, 21.3.2015. Available at: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/03/the_disappointment_that_is_the_f35.html.
Pages: 97 - 98